The Shift Coordinator improves guest satisfaction through financial controls, operations, direction of Team Members, and compliance within the scope of an assigned shift. The Shift Coordinator has full accountability for restaurant operations during assigned shift when management is not present. This position operates under the direct management of the Restaurant General Manager and helps lead the restaurant team. This position interacts with Team Members, Restaurant Management, outside vendors, members of the field operations team and guests.
- Responsible for restaurant operations (labor, inventory variance, GUEST TRAC® responses) during assigned shifts, including opening and closing restaurant;
- Provides production direction to Team Members in a clear and concise way;
- Sets an example for Team Members by working hard to implement shift plan and ensure swift and smooth production;
- Delegates in a way that encourages teamwork during shift to ensure that the restaurant operations comply with company standards;
- Motivates Team Members to exceed guest expectations with food and friendly service in clean surroundings;
- Works with team to act on guest feedback and resolve complaints in a timely, friendly and professional manner;
- Directs, trains and motivates Team Members during shift on each of the workstations;
- Complies with the requirements of government regulations, Burger King Canada Market Policy, food safety, Burger King Canada Security Policy, operations and Burger King Canada policies and procedures relating to all activities in the restaurant during the shift;
- Takes initiative to immediately report violations of safety, sanitation, security and other company policies to restaurant management and perform short-term solutions;
- Motivates Team Members to comply with loss control procedures and to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and other Team Members;
- Completes checklists and procedures for cash reporting, inventory control, and scheduling during shift;
- May perform essential functions and duties listed in the restaurant Team Member job description;
- Flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Prompt and regular attendance on assigned shifts.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Completion of all Burger King Canada certification programs;
- Demonstrates local language proficiency that enables speech clarity, proficient reading and verbal comprehension;
- Willingness to travel preferred.
Note that the responsibilities and qualifications listed above are for positions at restaurants owned or operated by Redberry Franchising Corp. Job descriptions, compensation, benefits and other employment terms and conditions applicable to positions at independent franchised BURGER KING® Restaurants will vary and are determined solely by the Franchisee.