• An email is sent to the candidate introducing the BURGER KING® franchising representative and inviting the candidate to fill out the franchise application and CPA opinion letter (to validate personal finances)
• Minimum Financial Requirements
• Net Worth - $1M - $1.5M
• Liquid Assets - minimum of $300K
2 INITIAL FRANCHISE INTERVIEW
• Once completed application and CPA letter are received - candidate is contacted for a phone interview to discuss documents submitted, assess business and entrepreneurial drive and review opportunities.
• The franchising representative will determine if this is a good match for you and BURGER KING® and if so, recommend moving forward in the process.
3 FRANCHISING AND OPERATIONS INTERVIEW
• Two or more interviews are scheduled with the Director of Franchise and Operations Representatives either at the BURGER KING® home office or in the candidate’s market.
• If the candidate has a potential location, the site evaluation process begins during this phase. Disclosure documents are given to candidates at this point if applicable.
4 RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE DAY
• Candidate participates in a 1 to 2 day on the job evaluation in a BURGER KING® restaurant.
5 DUE DILIGENCE & BACKGROUND CHECKS
• Candidate attends a Discovery Day to meet the BURGER KING® Senior Management Team and get detailed information on the BURGER KING® system.
• Candidate reviews disclosure package (if applicable), submits business plan for review and approval, and speaks with existing franchise partners.
• Reference checks, background checks and net worth verification are completed.
6 FINAL APPROVAL AND DEPOSIT
• If all steps are completed successfully, candidate is given final approval and submits a deposit. Site selection and development begin.